Tuesday, October 22, 2013

my favorite things

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings..."


Musicals are for sure a favorite thing of mine. In fact I love music in almost any form.  The symphony makes me overwhelmed with emotion [I began my classical piano training at the age of four]. Concerts are my addiction, I've in fact been to nearly 700 and have a goal to make it to 1000  by the time I'm 30. Music festivals are one of my summer indulgences, my favorite being Bonnaroo, though it is very very large and that is a deterrent for many people, the environment is wonderful. I've met probably the kindest and most interesting  people in my life every time I've been.


Physically, I love massages. Love. I have constant sore muscles due to a rather large cup size [you might have noticed] and a good back massage goes a long way with me. I love being pampered! I could live life in a warm tub with great scents and bubbles and a nice glass of gin [Hendricks is my favorite, but I also love Tanqueray, especially Tanqueray Rangpour] Like most ladies, a trip to a great spa puts me in the best of moods for days after the event.


Outside is my favorite place. At this time of year, a hike through the forest is wonderful. Who doesn't love beautiful foliage. I am more about warmer weather, being southern and all. But the mountains in the fall is amazing. I spent many good times in childhood in mountain cabins in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia.  Come spring, I can always go for a rafting trip! It's been a while since I've done one, and rivers/creeks are my favorite bodies of water. I spent a summer [some years ago] learning white water kayaking, and it's definitely something I'm looking to get into more regularly.


I love going out to eat. My life before this was spent bartending and serving, and if there is one thing working in the food service industry teaches you, it is an appreciation of a great meal. My favorite restaurants tend to be the funky cool ones that do a twist on traditional American food, or fusion restaurants that combine American food with taste of a different culture. I am the least picky eater ever [I do have one food allergy that I will alert you to if you're asking me to dinner] and I love trying new things no matter how strange! Brew pubs also tend to be a favorite place of mine. and of course I can't lie, I love a great burger. But I am from Atlanta, and we have the best burger spot in the world, so I don't go for one too much other than when I'm in that town. Beer is something I love learning about, and trying new and different craft brews is something I get very into from time to time [not too often! don't want a beer gut lol] If I'm in your city, bring me a six pack of something great and local!



If you're a gentleman who'd like to participate in any of the above with me, an extended date rate would come with a significant price deduction! [first of all, you're paying enough attention to me to read through this long blog entry, and second, I'm getting to do something I'd want to do anyway!]

here's a more simple format, say you didn't want to read all that, but you're still interested in playtime doing one of my favorite things, 

A list of Colette's favorite things:
3. Concerts [help me get to my 1000 concert goal! my dinner date rate will be reduced, and yet we can have dinner before or after, and still 2 hours playtime.]
4. Books! if you've read my site, you know I ask for my donation tucked in a book. I love literary fiction and biographies the most. Bring me anything.
5. Spa Days
6. Weekend getaways in mountain cabins

and of course, if you need a suggestion, here's a link to my Amazon Wish List!

No comments:

Post a Comment